THEME: TEACHING PHILOSOPHY AT PRE-TERTIARY LEVEL FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
DATE: May 14th – 16th, 2018.
VENUE: University of Lagos, Akoka-Yaba, Nigeria.
REGISTRATION FEES: #25,000.00
PAN GENERAL MEETING: 16th May, 2018 @ Afe Babalola Hall, University of Lagos, Akoka-Yaba, Nigeria.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Philosophers Association of Nigeria (PAN) hereby invites proposals for its workshop on Teaching Philosophy at Pre-tertiary Level for National Development.
This workshop seeks to explore ways to integrate the need for teaching philosophy at the pre-tertiary level of education with the imperative of distilling indigenous moral and logical precepts for character building.
To this end, papers that are focused on inculcating good moral values in children who would grow up to be honest, good, humble, creative, and stable adults capable of contributing to nation-building are invited to discuss the following topics and other related issues:
- Elements of creative thinking and moral development in Yoruba thought system.
- Elements of creative thinking and moral development in Hausa-Fulani
- Igbo culture, creative thinking and moral development.
- Character development in Efik, Izon, Kanuri, Ibibio, etc.
- Indigenous moral cultural principles, creative thinking and codification for national development.
- Principles of Character formation in Tiv society among Children of Post-Primary School Age
- Cultural Values necessary for the upbringing of children in Igala society
- The making of an ethical adult in Jukun traditional society
- Elements of creative thinking and moral development in Angas/Birom
- Elements of Ika Character Training Principles and how it used to be inculcated in Childhood.
A minimum abstract of 250 to a maximum of 500 words are requested from researchers, indicating names, institutional affiliations, academic qualifications and rank. The email address for submission is email@example.com. Entry closes on Friday 2nd March, 2018. Accepted participants will be notified latest by 16th March, 2018. Fully developed papers (between 2000 and 3000 words) are expected to be submitted by Monday 2nd April, 2018.
Style: Works cited & bibliography
Registered members of PAN who have received their electronic certificates will be EXEMPTED from the payment of registration fee.
+234 802 303 0746, +234 803 607 9539, +234 806 007 8829 +234 813 269 3259